Friday, November 6, 2020

November 6th's Book Beginnings and Friday 56

 It's Friday!  That means it is time for Book Beginnings and Friday 56.

This week, I'm featuring a mystery.  Surprise, surprise, I know.  But it's a middle grade mystery instead of my usual cozy mysteries.  It's Spy School Revolution by Stuart Gibbs.

If you aren't familiar with this series, it's a ton of fun.  I love these books!

Here's how the book begins:

"I'm afraid we have lied to you," said Alexander Hale.  "A lot."

My parents regarded him with surprise for what might have been the twentieth time that morning.

"What exactly have you lied to us about?" my mother asked.

"Er...Just about everything," Alexander replied.

Okay, so I cheated a little there.  I skipped a couple paragraphs, but I just love how those lines flow together.

So, shall we look at page 56?  There, we find this quote:

"You really don't know where Location One Hundred Ninety-Eight is?" Zoe asked me.

Yep, that's all I'm giving you from page 56.

My full review of the book will be up on Sunday, so I hope you'll stop by then.  In the meantime, have a great weekend.

5 comments:

  1. These are always a good time. I'm looking forward to the second Charlie Thorne book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This does sound fun! My daughter really likes mysteries (as do I) and I'm on the look out for middle grade mysteries she might enjoy reading with me. I'll have to look for this series. Have a great weekend, Mark!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds fun, for sure! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are great snippets! I seem to be reading nothing but mysteries and children's books right now, so this would fit in perfectly. Thanks for sharing, and have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great snippets, seems like a book with humour.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.