Friday, May 7, 2021

Disney Pin Review: National Space Day - Celebrate Today #5 - 2020 Release

Stars: 4 out of 5
Pros: Perfectly matched character to Space day
Cons: Stitch hiding part of Space
The Bottom Line:
Celebrating Space
Perfect Disney character
Marvel at expanse




This Pin is in the Final Frontier

Since there are so many fun national holidays, I have to wonder how Disney decided which ones to highlight for 2020’s Celebrate Today pin series.  However, I don’t have to wonder about how they matched the character to the pin for May.  I mean, who better to help us celebrate National Space Day than Stitch?

National Space Day is the first Friday of May.  The day is designed to celebrate the wonder of the universe around us.  Personally, I’d love to go out and look at stars that night.  I miss looking at stars.  It’s really hard to find a place that gets you away from light pollution these days, especially in Southern California.

As I said, this pin features Stitch, the space alien from Lilo and Stitch.  A perfect match, right?  The pin finds him in space in his full alien look.  He’s in his spaceship, which means we see him in a little bubble over a red round base.  Yes, it’s a cartoony space ship, not a more realistic looking one.  Behind him, we can see some stars in the blackness of space.  National Space Day is written behind him, although he is blocking part of Space.

What’s cool is that Stitch is a pin on pin – and he moves.  He slides up and down, to simulate weightlessness in space.  This is the only pin in the series to feature anything like that, and I appreciate the added thought that went into this pin.

In the lower right corner is the day for National Space Day in 2020 – May 1st.  Remember, it is the first Friday of May, so last year, it was celebrated on the 1st, but this year, it is being celebrated on May 7th.

I’m not the biggest Stitch fan, so this pin doesn’t appeal to me for that reason.  However, I really appreciate that they used him for this pin.  As I’ve been saying, it’s a perfect match.

So do something special today to celebrate the incredible universe around us.  And get this pin to remind you to celebrate it every year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.