Sunday, May 30, 2021

Disney Pin Review: Cuckoo for Disney Pins - Submarine Voyage - 2021 Release

Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Cleaver mix of attraction and clock
Cons: Submarine Voyage is no more
The Bottom Line:
Themed cuckoo clock pin
Sailing on a submarine
This combo works well




Keeping Time Under the Sea

When I figured heard about Disney’s Cuckoo for Disney Pins series at the beginning of the year, I was a little unsure how I felt about it.  Cuckoo Clock inspired designs for classic attractions?  It could be good or bad.  But then I saw the first couple and knew I had to get them.  The pin inspired by the Submarine Voyage is a great example why.

The pin is two dimensional (well, mostly).  The heart of the pin is the very stylized clock.  Surrounding the face of the clock are two mermaids and some green sea plants.  The face of the clock itself is round, but instead of time, we’ve got the points of the compass, so it is telling us N, E, S, and W instead of 12, 3, 6, and 9.  The hands on the clock are pointing to 10:10, or Northwest: Northeast, I guess.  We have one chain hanging down from the clock.  It’s got a pearl on it (which is the one three dimensional thing on the pin) and then a charm with an “N” in the middle for Nautilus.

It’s the little things I love in pins like this.  For example, numbers being directions on the face of the clock.  I’m not sure I’d want to hang this as a cuckoo clock on my wall, but I love the way this looks for a pin.  And as a themed pin for a Disney Parks attraction, it is perfect.

The one thing that does make me scratch my head a bit is the fact that this pin is themed for an attraction that is no longer in the parks, at least here in the states.  In Florida, they’ve completely filled in the lagoon, while California’s Finding Nemo Submarines isn’t what is invoked by this pin.  But, since I have fond memories of the original Submarine voyage at Disneyland, I’m only noting this in passing.

This series is going to prove to be very fun, and I’m glad I’ve started collecting it.  If you want something a little different for your pin collection, I definitely recommend this Submarine Voyage themed Cuckoo for Disney Pins release.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.