Thursday, May 6, 2021

May 7th's Book Beginnings and Friday 56

We've made it to Friday!  That must mean it is time for Book Beginnings and Friday 56.

This week, I'm featuring A Trail of Lies by Kylie Logan.




This is the third book in the Jazz Ramsey mystery series.  If you haven't been reading these book, you are missing out.

When I read the beginning of this book, I knew I had to feature it this week.

There is one truth that hold across countries, across cultures, across time: getting a phone call at two in the morning is sure to make blood race, breaths catch, heartbeats speed up.
Jazz Ramsey's sure did.

Isn't that a fantastic beginning?  

Jumping ahead to 56% into the book, we find this:

He sucked in a breath.  "The way I remember it, their breakup was ugly.  I can't believe she gave him the time of day.  She actually let him in?"

Did she let him him?  You'll have to read the book to find out.  It's official release day in Tuesday, and I will have a review up on Thursday of next week.

4 comments:

  1. I did enjoy this one. The publisher must have really wanted me to read it. I had the eARC, two print ARCs, and a finshed hardcover arrived this week. This week I am spotlighting A Peculiar Combination by Ashley Weaver from my review stack. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quotes are excellent. I haven't read this series, but I might give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a very good dog on the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds intriguing!!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.