Friday, December 3, 2021

Ornament Review: A Futuristic Freeway to Fun - 2021 Hallmark Release

Stars: 4 out of 5
Pros: Captures a fun memory from the Disney parks
Cons: Noticeable tip forward.
The Bottom Line:
A ride vehicle
Ornament does tip forward
Lovely nostalgia



Race to Get This Ornament

There isn’t a ride at Disneyland I’m not willing to do.  Even those that appeal more to kids hit the nostalgia factor perfectly for me, so when I am there with friends, it is quite possible they will get dragged on Autopia.  For that reason, I had to get A Futuristic Freeway to Fun!

This ornament features Mickey riding in one of the Autopia cars.  It’s red, which means it will stand out well on your tree and is a classic Christmas color.  Plus, they do have red cars in the attraction.  It’s perfect!  How do I know this is an Autopia car?  It’s got the rails around it that the cars in the attraction have to minimize the impact that a collision would have.  And it’s on the license plate in the back of the car.  The steering wheel is in the middle of the car, and Mickey is clearly enjoying himself since he is smiling.

We’ve gotten a few ornaments of Mickey on ride vehicles from the Disney parks, and I hope we get more.  As a lover of all things Disney, including the parks, I love having these reminders or times at the parks on my tree.  While an official series would be great, I’ll gladly take this unofficial series.

The ornament rests on the wheels of the car.  Yes, they do stick down below the cage on the ride vehicle.  In a fun touch, they also spin.  I wouldn’t want to actually use it as a toy since it isn’t designed for it, but it’s still a nice touch.  You could easily set it out as part of a display as long as you set it on a flat surface.

When you go to hang the ornament, you’ll find that Mickey is on a downhill portion of the course.  That’s the explanation I am giving for the tip forward.  It is pretty pronounced, but not completely horrible.  It makes since given the design of the ornament, and I’m not sure where else to put the ring that would be balanced.

It’s too bad that Mickey tips like he does, but overall, I’m going to enjoy having A Futuristic Freeway to Fun! in my ornament collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.