Thursday, December 23, 2021

Ornament Review: Merry Lil' Mickey - 2021 Hallmark Release

Stars: 4 out of 5
Pros: Lots of fun seasonal touches in this miniature ornament
Cons: Even for a miniature ornament, this one is small
The Bottom Line:
A merry Mickey
Small even for a mini
Overall still good



Enjoy a Merry Lil’ Hug from Mickey

I keep trying to add some pop culture to my miniature ornament collection, and I have a serious lack of Disney miniature ornaments.  Oh, I have a few, but I need more.  That’s why I decided to get the four offered with Mickey and his friends this year.  Naturally, the leader of the pack is Merry Lil’ Mickey.

Mickey is ready to greet us with a warm hug.  He’s dressed as Santa in a red coat, pants, and hat, but he’s got a bit more color with his green gloves.  He’s got a big smile on his face and his arms are outstretched in greeting.

Normally, when I review the miniature ornaments, I make a point of mentioning their size so you are reminded what you are getting.  In this case, I feel like even for a miniature ornament, these are tiny.  At just under an inch, Mickey is smaller than most of my miniature ornaments, but not that much smaller.  I’m not completely sure why he seems so much smaller.  I think part of it is the fact that the ornament is thin.  With it just being Mickey, there isn’t much else to him.  As a result, I feel like this would be a mini ornament that would be extra easy to lose.  Be extra sure you want a miniature ornament before you purchase this one.

Having said that, the detail here is still good.  It amazes me that they are able to make these ornaments this small and still have this much detail, but I like it.

Mickey’s feet are so small that he can’t really stand on them.  However, when you hang the ornament, you’ll find that he hangs straight.

A quarter of an inch bigger would be nice for this ornament.  But even so, I am glad I added Merry Lil’ Mickey to my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.