Saturday, August 19, 2023

August 19th's Weekly TV Thoughts

 The Challenge (8/13) – So it looks like we are getting two episodes a week.  Glad they ended things at a natural break this time.  Hope that’s what they do going forward.  Glad to see that people are turning on the vets already.  I’m sure that won’t last all season, but it is a good strategy for now.  Of course, that also makes me want to root for the vets to turn the tables at some point

American Ninja Warrior – I know Grant doesn’t always make the finals.  But I can’t help feeling he fell because he was racing.  And Jessie’s not going either?  Yeah, not really like these races.  Or how about the sisters in law who couldn’t both make it?  Please don’t do this again.  Please

The Challenge (8/17) – I love how some of the vets are doing nothing but whining that the newbies are ganging up on them.  What did you expect to happen?  You’re the most familiar with this game, and you are the minority.  But Bananas especially in this episode seemed upset that he was chosen.  Like it was a personal afront or something.  Dude, that’s the way the game is played.  It may have been a while since you were there, but that’s the way things are played.  If you think it is smarter for them to keep you around, you’ve got to actually try to sell that instead of just ranting that it is the wrong approach.

1 comment:

  1. I used to love watching Real World/RR Challenges, and all that came after. I haven't watched any of these, but I loved how ruthless Johnny Bananas was, because he made it clear he was there to win and not make friends. Some people didn't play that way, and then got mad at him for it. This would be a very different viewing I think.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.