Sunday, October 22, 2023

Candy Review: Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Caramel Squares

Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Delicious combination of pumpkin spice and chocolate
Cons: Only if you don’t like pumpkin spice
The Bottom Line:
A seasonal treat
Pumpkin spice, chocolate – Yum!
Enjoy these squares this fall



A Seasonal Chocolate Treat to Get

When I was wandering the seasonal candy aisle at Wal-Mart recently, I stumbled on Ghirardelli’s Milk Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Caramel Squares.  Being a lover of pumpkin spice, I had to try them.  I’m so glad I did.

If you are familiar with Ghirardelli’s chocolate squares, you’ll know exactly what you are getting here.  These are squares that are roughly an inch from side to side.  The outside is chocolate, in this case milk chocolate, and the middle has some kind of flavoring.  I’ve tried quite a few and enjoyed them, but the pumpkin spice was a new one to me.

As soon as you take one of out the wrapper, you can smell the pumpkin spice.  It is that strong.  It’s a little stronger than the caramel that is also there.  I can taste it, mostly as a pleasing after taste.  But when I’m eating one, I mostly taste the pumpkin spice and the chocolate.

And that is a delicious combination.  Not that I’m at all surprised.  I was immediately hooked as soon as I had my first one.  I’m been trying to slowly eat the package I bought to savor them, but it is hard.

Obviously, if you don’t like pumpkin spice (and I know there are people out there), you’ll want to avoid these.  Sadly, these are a seasonal variety.  But this is something more to look forward to in the fall.  And since I prefer summer to fall, I need all the excuses to look forward to fall that I can get.

I’m so glad I gave these Ghirardelli’s chocolates a try.  If you like pumpkin spice, you will be, too.

5 comments:

  1. I hope that I can find them here in Vancouver Mark!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had never been a real fan of pumpkin spice but it is so popular that over the years I kind of grown to like it. Sounds like a winner with chocolate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I love Ghirardelli's square chocolates, so I will definitely try this. Thank you for reviewing and posting. (Love your book reviews too, by the way.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure how I would like this flavor, but I love the brand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds yummy. I buy one square of Ghirardelli's caramel when I see it in shops. The addition of pumpkin spice for October is perfect. I'm a little afraid to buy a whole bag of these because it would be hard to eat them as slowly as I should.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.