Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Ornament Review: Cookie Cutter Christmas #12 - Shoveling the Walk - 2023 Hallmark Release

Stars: 4 out of 5
Pros: Cute scene of a winter activity
Cons: Nothing major
The Bottom Line:
Shoveling the snow
Overall, cute ornament
Cold activity



Home is Where You Shovel the Walk

Living in Southern California, there are some parts of winter that I (thankfully) don’t get to experience.  Like snow, and all the things that come with it.  One of the lesser pleasant winter chores is the subject of this year’s entry in Hallmark’s Cookie Cutter Christmas series – shoveling the walk.

Each ornament in this series featuring a wintry (if not Christmassy) activity in a related cookie cutter silver frame.  This year, the frame is shaped like a house, and you can easily see the eaves and chimney.  Inside, we see our mouse friend cleaning off the walkway to his front door after a recent snowfall.  He’s actually making good progress as we can see part of the path under his feet.  There’s some snow on his shovel, as he gets ready to throw another batch to the side.

As always, I love the sweet details in the ornament.  The bush beside his front door is a cupcake with lots of frosting on top.  The weather over his door looks like a bundt cake.  In fact, it looks like he’s living in a gingerbread house.  And his shovel?  It’s striped like a candy cane.

I thought about ending the series, depending on what I thought of this year’s piece.  I really do find this one cute.  It’s got those little details I love, and the scene and frame just work so well together.

The frame really is designed to look at a cookie cutter.  That includes a lip around the bottom of the ornament.  That means it doesn’t sit quite level if you set it out; it tips back slightly.  It’s still steady enough that you don’t have to worry about it falling over.  And it really doesn’t look that bad tipped back.

When you go to hang the ornament, you’ll find that it hangs perfectly flat.

On the back of the ornament, you’ll find the cookie cutter handle.  And, next to the handle (as always), is the series marker.

No matter how you feel about snow or shoveling snow, you’ll find 2023’s entry in the Cookie Cutter Christmas series to be cute.  I might not enjoy it as much if I had to shovel my walk, but, since I don’t, this is one I’m glad I added to my collection.

Be sure to check out the rest of the Cookie Cutter Christmas ornaments.

1 comment:

  1. This is the ornament I need to send to my poor son and daughter-in-law in Chicago! My son never did this in his life until he moved up north.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.