Saturday, October 28, 2023

October 28th's Weekly TV Thoughts

Dancing with the Stars – A lovely tribute to Len, and one he would have loved.  It was such a traditional dance!  I was happy to see the scores improving, although the leader board isn’t really changing.  A bit surprise at who went home because she wasn’t as close to the bottom as the other two, but I don’t feel like any of them are going to be around too much longer.

Press Your Luck – Been a while since we’ve seen someone get four whammies in the first half.  And he never seemed to gain any momentum, either.  It wasn’t quite as bad as getting two in a row, but it wasn’t much better.  I did love how the contestants comforted each other.  I’m impressed with what the winner was able to collect with the two post whammy spins she got in the bonus round.

Quantum Leap – The lowest stakes we’ve had in a while on this show (going back to last season).  Felt a bit like an original series show.  But the emotional stakes were real and very well done.  Ben made the right call no matter how Addison feels about it.  And, as much as I am rooting for them to get back together, Ben trying to move on is the healthy thing to do.  But yes, it is becoming much more of a soap opera this year, which is where I feared it would go.

The Challenge – Because I don’t have enough I’m watching, I decided to give the regular Challenge a try for this season.  Obviously, I only recognize one of the players since no one else has been on the USA version.  Definitely some twists on what I’ve seen before in the two seasons I’ve done.  I’ll be interested in how it will play out.

Survivor – I totally would have gone with food at that journey, too.  Those powers are pretty much worthless, especially pre-merge.  And who knows when the merge is coming.  (Yes, we know since we saw the teaser for next week, but that’s what was going through my mind at the time.)  I don’t know who I could have believe if I were Emily.  And I wasn’t surprised that things were awkward at the other camp after the vote from last week.  I would expect nothing less.  I wonder who he fake idol will come into play, if it does.

The Amazing Race – I was bummed the sisters weren’t eliminated.  They hadn’t really bugged me before, but I was very annoyed by them in this episode.  They ability to fight under pressure is amazing.  The doll challenge was definitely the better one to do.  The picture one looked impossible.  Of course, we’ve had many detail oriented challenges this season.  And, as a veteran of doing the bottle dance in Fiddler on the Roof, that road block was tough.  My hat is off to all those teams for getting it done no matter how many times it took.

Loki – Well, that was interesting.  I’m definitely curious to see where things are going to go next week.  And I guess I need to watch these shows closer together since I really have a hard time remembering who all the various minor characters are.  Like the group that was being held prisoner.  Oh well, I’m getting the gist of it.

Buddy Games – I’m on Team OK’s side here.  Was glad to see them pull it off.  Although I’ve got to admire Team Pride for their massive come from behind to take second place.  With my lack of balance, being on the teeter tauter would have been very hard.

Lego Masters – I’d wondered part way through if no one was going to go home.  Since they had the banner, I’m not sure I believe that the judges really were at an impasse.  I will say I agree with their winner.  And I’m really not sure who the loser would have been.  The Sun/Moon didn’t impress me quite as much, but I still don’t think it was bad enough to send anyone home.

2 comments:

  1. The Amazing Race is so much about luck (think taxi drivers), good decision making (directions when driving and which challenge to do), and stamina. I dislike it when teams bicker, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched Barry Williams's dance on YouTube. He was so good! I'll have to look up the tribute to Len. I used to watch the show a few years ago when he was on it. In general, I have the same issue with minor characters in a series like Loki. It's hard to remember all of them. I haven't watched the latest episode yet, but I'm looking forward to it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.