Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Hallmark Ornament Review: Christmas Is... #1 - Connecting with Far-Away Friends - 2024 Hallmark Release

Stars: 4 out of 5
Pros: Cute scene to start a new series
Cons: A little bigger than I like, but not too bad
The Bottom Line:
Happy getting note
Starts new Peanuts themed series
But a little big




Christmas Is…Starting a New Ornament Series

I know I keep saying I need to cut back on Hallmark ornaments. And I really do need to. But I can’t seem to resist looking at the new series Hallmark starts each year. And since they are starting a new Peanuts series this year, I just couldn’t resist. So I snagged the first Christmas Is… ornament. 

This first entry finds Charlie Brown getting a Christmas miracle. You see, this year, he actually got a Christmas card. The ornament feature Charlie Brown holding that card in his hand. If you turn the ornament around you can see his name on the envelope. He’s walking away from the mailbox, which he left opened and some letters are falling out. He’s got the biggest smile on his face. 

All of this is on a nice round base. Around it, we can read the sentiment for the year, “Christmas is…connecting with far-away friends.”

Because of that base, this ornament is stable, and you can set it out to be displayed anywhere. You’ll also find the series marker on the bottom. 

Sometimes, these bigger ornaments are harder to balance, but we are in luck with this one - it hangs perfectly straight. That is, as long as the tree branches don’t get in the way. 

Hallmark seems to be making their ornaments bigger in recent years, a trend I’m not necessarily a fan of. They take up too much valuable tree space when they are bigger. This ornament is a little on the big side. It’s not as bad as some that Hallmark has released recently, but I wish it were about 3/4 the size it is now. 

On the other hand, I had to get at least this first one. It’s Peanuts, and I do love the characters. And it’s so cute. I also like the fact that Charlie Brown finally got a Christmas card. I identify with him quite a bit, and I wish he would have more go his way. (For the record, I do get Christmas cards despite the fact that I never send any out. I’m bad, I know. There just isn’t time to do everything I need to in December.)

I also love this play on the famous Peanuts Happiness Is … theme. 

I’m glad I at least got the first Christmas Is… ornament. We will see if I continue the series when we see what the next one is. But I am happy I added this one to my collection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.