Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Pin Review: Mickey and the Beanstalk - Storybook Classic Collection #1 - 2016 Disney Story Pin


Stars
: 5 out of 5
Pros: Two scenes in one fun storybook pin
Cons: None
The Bottom Line:
Storybook pin set
Gets off to fast growing start
Promises more fun




You’ll Want to Climb a Beanstalk to Start this Limited Edition Pin Series

I’ve been collecting Disney pins for almost a decade now.  Yes, that’s one of the few things I haven’t been reviewing – until now.  I knew I’d have to start when the Disney Store announced their new line of limited pins to complement their limited ornament set.  The first of these Storybook Classics Collection ornament pins is Mickey and the Beanstalk, and it’s great.

As the hinges on the left suggest, the pins are taking a cue from the series name and are taking the design of a storybook.  The cover is inspired by the ornament itself.  On a gray background, we have Mickey climbing the beanstalk.  This is all done in simple green lines.  You know what it is, but there isn’t much detail.

I knew before I got my pin that you would open the ornament to see a scene inside.  I was expecting it to be a full color scene of the image on the outside, and if it had been, I would have loved it.  However, we get another scene.  Inside, we see Mickey standing in the doorway of his cottage proudly holding up the three beans he sold the family cow to obtain.  This scene is in full color, and looks great.  Honestly, this is one of the moments I might have guessed would be used for the ornament, so it’s fun to have it represented in this series as well.

Because of the two pieces to this pin, it is heavier than most Disney pins, so there are two backings.  Personally, I don’t like wearing these heavier pins, especially around the parks for fear of losing it.  And, if you like to hang these to display in your home, you can rest assured that the dual backings will hold it in place.

Of course, you can enjoy just the pins or just the ornament, but as a collector of both, I knew as soon as I saw this series that I’d be buying both pieces.  Honestly, I’m very excited about the series as a whole since it will featuring some very underrepresented characters before all is said and done.

So if you are a pin collector looking for the rarer characters, you’ll want to keep your eyes on the Storybook Classics Collection.  Mickey and the Beanstalk kicked things off well, and the series only looks to get better from here.

Check out the rest of the Storybook Ornament and Pin series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.