Saturday, September 3, 2016

September 3rd's Weekly TV Thoughts

Rather quiet week for TV, and next week will be every quieter.  It's the calm before the storm of network TV starts back up, so I'm trying to get a little extra reading in and just enjoy it.

Girl Meets World (8/26) – As a sentimental guy, I understand how hard it is to lose something you love, although Riley went way over the top, which was what I expected.  I’m very curious where they are going to go with this new relationship.  Is it the Shawn/Angela of the show and they’ll be apart more than they are together?  Or will it just be a solid friendship?  They actually had quite a few good conversations.  And, while I predicted that final scene, I still really enjoyed it.

American Ninja Warrior – I suspected how Jessie Graff would do based on how they edit the show, but I was still so glad to see her finish.  And does she deserve it.  She is amazing out there this year, and you can tell she is working hard for it.  But the heart stopping moment of the night was the guy who finished with less than a second left.  Wow!  I hate to see someone taken out by the clock (like happened to the firefighter later), so my heart was racing through that one.

Dead of Summer – So they weren’t trying to recreate a slasher, but that’s much what this final episode felt like.  Some thrills for sure, and a heart breaking death.  Well done final couple of episodes.  And yes, I might consider coming back if the show is picked up for season 2.  I think that’s a long shot, but I would definitely consider it.

Suits – I think this is a surprise.  The first time we’ve ended an episode on good news in how many seasons?  No twists.  No cliffhangers.  It makes me wonder what is next (and yes, the previews gave some of that away).  I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop in that final scene.  So it will be interesting to see what really happens next week.

5 comments:

  1. Agree on ANW - great episode. I loved the interview with Jessie and how she told that people would think she finished second among the women in the city finals. Also Drew's comment about her. She beat a lot of men in the city finals and I was happy to be reminded of that.

    Watching some of the Sasuke episodes. Never saw the old ones and was surprised by the course. Marathon on Esquire Network for the long weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may turn that marathon on at some point this weekend, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I'm afraid once I turn it on, I will get nothing else done, and there are plenty of things I need to do this weekend.

      Delete
    2. Wise man, Mark! Hard to break away since, unlike ANW, more focus on actual performances instead of profiles.

      Delete
  2. I haven't really watched much TV this summer that was actually on during summer. I'm still trying to catch up on shows from last season! Somehow season premiere time always sneaks up on me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually by this point, I'm ready for season premieres, but right now I'm wishing we have a few extra weeks before everything starts up again. Give me two weeks, and I'll probably be ready, however.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.