Friday, September 16, 2016

September 16th's Book Beginnings and Friday 56

It's getting late, and I'm getting tired, so let's get to this week's Book Beginnings and Friday 56.

This week's book is Murder at Redwood Cover by Janet Finsilver.

                                                  


I finished this book on Wednesday, and it was a lot of fun.

Let's get to it.  Here's how the book begins:
What a horrible way to die - falling forty feet and landing on jagged rocks in the swirling ocean.

Yeah, that will grab your attention.  As will this bit from page 56:

A violent blow was delivered between my shoulder blades, and I catapulted forward.  I slammed into the floor, and a sharp pain erupted as my head grazed the side of the desk.  The door closed.  I felt like I was suffocating.  I couldn't breathe.  I willed my arms to move.  Nothing.

And no, that's not even half way into the book yet.  It's not all that gripping, it's a typical cozy, but we got two good teasers, right?

Have a great weekend.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like they're not having a very good day. LOL
    sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good. My pick this week is Stalking Ground by Margaret Mizushima - newly released mystery. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This might be morbid, but it all sounds good. I love a mystery. LOL

    My Friday 56 from Bloodmark

    ReplyDelete
  4. Graphic but I love it! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I can't wait to get my hands on this one. Looking forward to reading this hope you enjoy it. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.