Sunday, June 16, 2019

Disney Mug Review: Lumiere - Disney Wisdom Collection #6

Stars
: 4 out of 5
Pros: Good quote, characters look good on the mug
Cons: Much paler than I would have liked
The Bottom Line:
Mug with boldness quote
Comes in very pale yellow
Good, not favorite




This Mug is a Little too Pale Yellow to be Bold

While I have been enjoying the variety of colors in the Disney Wisdom collection, I hadn’t thought of the irony for this month’s entry in the series.  The quote is on boldness, and the color is yellow.  The mug really drives the point home since it is a pale yellow.

The quote comes from Lumiere in Beauty and the Beast.  “You don’t have time to be timid.  You must be bold, daring!”  And, since both Lumiere and Cogsworth are our characters this month, the yellow makes sense.  However, for the mug, they went with a very pale yellow.  I really was picturing something a little darker, like the yellow in the inside of the mug.  I’m sure it will grow on me as a color, but I still haven’t quite adjusted to it.

Unfortunately, the characters don’t fair that well on the mug.  Lumiere almost completely fades into the mug.  The candlestick part of his body is dark, but the wax is so light it is hard to see.  Cogsworth is a bit better, but he still blends in a little too much.

On the other side of the mug, we get the quote for the month.  The calligraphy is wonderful again, and it is in purple and lavender, so it really stands out.  Dare I say it?  The quote itself is bold.  The squiggles around in include flames, and there is a red rose.  I love both of these touches.

As with the others in the series, it is short and wide, which means it is still a 14 oz. mug that is completely microwave and dishwasher safe.  The way the bottom notches allows the mugs to stack on top of each other, which is very helpful since I am already out of cupboard space before I even started this series.

But I can’t resist these mugs.  This one may be paler than I wanted, but this mug is still going to be fun to have and use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.