Saturday, June 1, 2019

June 1st's Weekly TV Thoughts

A mostly quiet week of TV watching.  Must be summer.

American Ninja Warrior All Star – What a great night.  The Ninjas are obviously having fun and they are so athletic.  But I loved the Double Dipper freestyle competition the most.  Sean definitely deserved to win, but all of them were great.  As much as I watch this show, this is always my favorite night of the year for the show.

Blood & Treasure – This show takes a whole lot more concentration than I’ve been giving it to completely follow.  I was paying more attention in the second half, so I saw the one character’s death coming.  It has some fun moments, but I’m still trying to decide if I really want to go along for this ride or not.

The Amazing Race – I’m actually kind of glad it was a non-elimination leg this time.  Despite all the drama, I do like the team that was saved.  But how Rachel and her sister can claim they are innocent and trying to help is beyond me.  They are just trying to stir the pot.  I never would have been able to do the swinging thing.  The river walk did look like fun once you were in the canyon after the initial decent, but I’m sure the water was frigid.  I was impressed that neither team that did the other side of the detour had any issues.  My memory is so bad, I’m sure I would have had to ride that thing two or three times.

American Ninja Warrior – So many new obstacles.  It seems like more than usual, or maybe that is just me.  Yet they had a decent number of finishers, and the second obstacles didn’t seem to be quite the ninja killer they tried to make it to be, but maybe that’s because they didn’t show us all the wipeouts there.  The new final head to head obstacle race is insane.  Much better them than me.

Abby’s – They announced on Thursday that they are canceling this show, and it almost made me decide not to watch the final episodes.  I’m glad I changed my mind because they were fun.  The cast is growing on me a bit, and the show can be amusing.  While I can predict where the stories are going, some of the lines catch by off guard, like introducing the older brother of the mute character or the punishment for breaking the mug.  I don’t think I’ll be truly sorry to see it go, but I will be sticking around until the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.