Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Ornament Review: Hakuna Matata - Lion King 25th anniversary - 2019 Hallmark Ornament


Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Great moment and song clip
Cons: None to worry about
The Bottom Line:
Classic Disney song
Becomes Christmas ornament
Anniversary




No Worries, I Liked This Ornament

I’ve collected quite a few of the Disney song ornaments from Hallmark over the last few years.  What can I say, I love Disney songs, so these easily tempted me.  There was no way I was going to skip Hakuna Matata when Hallmark released it in 2019 for The Lion King’s 25th anniversary.

This ornament captures Simba, Pumbaa, and Timon during the classic song from The Lion King.  All three of them are walking on a log with the moon behind them.  The moment captured is from late in the song since Simba is an adult.  The details are perfect, we can see the texture of the bark and the moss on the log.

Of course, what makes this ornament fun is the magic element.  After you add three button batteries to the base, just press the button hidden on the side of the log for the show to begin.  When you do that, you’ll see the moon light up behind them and you’ll hear a clip of “Hakuna Matata.”  While the scene is from the end of the song, the clip is from the beginning and lasts just under 30 seconds.

Logs usually have nice, flat bases.  After all, they are laying on the ground, right?  The log in this ornament is no exception, so you can leave this ornament out to be displayed year round if you so desire.  There is a hook in the moon for hanging the ornament, and the ornament hangs straight.

I’ve loved this song since the first time I saw the movie, so getting this ornament was a no brainer.  I love how they’ve captured a moment from the song with the sound clip.  I smile just looking at it, and playing the music makes it even more special.

So if you like this song, you’ll want to be sure to track Hakuna Matata ornament down.  I have no worries that you’ll love it as much as I do since it’s a great way to mark The Lion King’s 25th anniversary.

1 comment:

  1. My daughter in law collects Disney ornaments and probably has this one. She's a big fan of the Disney songs. She's usually listening to Disney soundtracks when she's in a car.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.