Saturday, November 18, 2023

November 18th's Weekly TV Thoughts

Dancing with the Stars – It’s past time for Harry to go.  He seems like a nice enough guy, and he really is trying.  But he’s clearly the weakest of the dancers left.  Barry probably wouldn’t have been there more than another few weeks, but I was sorry to see him go.  He’s been fun to watch.

Wipeout – Please tell me those sisters really weren’t arguing about who goes first while their timer was running.  That it was deceptive editing for humor since they didn’t finish anyway.  Either way, how embarrassing.  Was so happy the one couple got engaged even though they didn’t win and get the money for a ring.  Looks to me like no one lost in the Wipeout Zone this time.

Press Your Luck – Wow, that one guy in the opening rounds had no luck.  I wasn’t surprised he got eliminated, but he had to keep pressing at that point.  And for someone with only one spin left in the bonus round, the winner sure did get a nice prize after all.

The Santa Clauses – Not quite as funny as the two from last week, but there were some good lines.  It’s the middle of the story, so I get it, they need to show how big the problem is, but I didn’t feel like things moved forward as much as I was expecting.  Until the end.  Things definitely got interesting at the end.  I’m very anxious to see what happens next.

Quantum Leap – I was wondering when we’d see Hannah again.  I also thought we were building toward a romance between her and Ben, but it moved a little faster than I was expecting.  Still wondering where they are going with Tom and Addison, but I do like how they are developing things.  They are building it up, so if there is a twist later, we will feel it.

The Challenge – So much drama!  I really don’t need all of that.  An hour episode is more than enough.  Not sure I like the former champs coming back and taking money with them.  But it will create chaos for sure.

Survivor – I’m not sure if I am fully on board with rooting for Jake or not, but you’ve got to love his reactions to things.  Especially when he realized he wasn’t going home.  “They’re actually playing Survivor.”  And I liked the auction being back, twists for the new era and all.  Made it very interesting.  I’ve got to admit, I wasn’t that upset with when it ended.  Yes, they’ve turned me against Bruce, but his lack of trying to get money made me want to see him shafted like that.

The Amazing Race – I’m sorry the father/daughter team made it through to the next leg.  She is driving me crazy.  I’m not sorry to see the sisters leave, however, since they are bugging me, too.  Slovenia looked beautiful!  I want to go visit.  And I really want to do that zipline.  At least they let the father/daughter do that after they missed the signs for the Express Pass.

Lego Masters – I am impressed with what the teams managed to do with the limited number of bricks.  I also agree with the team that went home.  As always, I hated to lose the team, but their build wasn’t as good as the others.  I’m really torn on Christopher.  He’s can be a little fun, but there are times he goes too far.  He’s having fun but the other teams aren’t.  I felt that was with the way he was behaving in the racing.  Yet I was happy for him with how thrilled he was that their build was making it in the video game.  I really do feel like his team could go all the way.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you about the daughter from The Amazing Race - she’s so competitive it’s irritating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am starting to not like the father/daughter team as well, I don't think they quite get the spirit of the adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've thought about watching the show The Santa Clauses, but I haven't yet. I haven't even seen the movies. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.