Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Ornament Review: Terran S. Gardner - Snowtop Lodge #19 - 2023 Hallmark Release

Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Cute theme well executed
Cons: Only if you try to get logical about it
The Bottom Line:
Garden in the snow
Great theme for this ornament
Spreads some Christmas cheer



How Does a Snowwoman’s Garden Grow?

Over the years, the Snowtop Lodge series has featured snowpeople with a variety of hobbies.  Yes, most have been related to winter, but occasionally we get one that makes me scratch my head about how a snowperson would be able to do this in the real world.  That’s the case with 2023’s entry in the series, Terran S. Gardner.

As the name implies, Terran is a gardener.  She’s got a trowel in one hand, and in the other she has a pot with a couple of poinsettias in it.  She’s wearing a tan gardening hat with some holly on the back.

As always, the bottom of the ornament has a scene on it.  In this case, we’ve got snowpeople giving each other plants.  I can’t quite tell if the building that is front and center is a greenhouse or a cottage.  There are other plants sitting around in the snow.

All of which makes me wonder how a snowperson can grow plants in the snow.  Especially a tropical plant like a poinsettia.  I fully realize I’m over thinking this.  After all, we’ve already had a baker in the series, and I don’t see that ending well either.

The truth is, I don’t care.  This is another fun ornament in the series.  The plants look great, and Terran’s grin is infectious.  The scene at the bottom is warm and inviting despite the fact that we are mostly outside in the snow.

As usual, the ornament has a nice flat base, so you could set these out to be displayed somewhere.  My normal warning with this series applies again – the ornaments are made of porcelain, so be sure they aren’t somewhere where they could get broken.

The ornament comes with a bit of fabric already through the loop, which is a nice touch Hallmark usually doesn’t do.  You’ll find that it does tip a little forward, but that’s a common feature of the series.  It is noticeable, but it isn’t an issue.

And, you’ll find the series marker painted on the bottom of the ornaments.

I’m not a good gardener, although I wish I were.  I love Terran S. Gardner despite that, and I am sure fans of the series will be thrilled with her as well.  If you love to garden, you might want to take a look at this ornament as well.

Check out the rest of the Snowtop Lodge series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.