Friday, November 24, 2023

Ornament Review: Baker Mickey - All About Mickey #2 - 2023 Hallmark Release

Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Mickey as a baker is cute
Cons: Doesn’t stand well on his own
The Bottom Line:
Mickey has some treats
In cute second ornament
Disney fan series



Mickey Has Baked Us Some Delicious Looking Cookies

As much as I love Mickey, I’m still on the fence about collecting the All About Mickey ornament series from Hallmark.  I have so many ornaments I don’t put on my trees every year, so it’s just a matter of not needing any more ornaments, not how much I love Mickey.  But when I saw the theme for the second, I knew I had to buy Baker Mickey.

As a reminder, this series is about Mickey as a regular person, and it shows him enjoying life and hobbies much like the rest of us would.  And one thing that Mickey enjoys is baking.  He’s got a chef’s hat on his head and a white apron on over a light green shirt and blue pants.  He’s also wearing red oven gloves and holding a tray of delicious looking cookies on them.  Chocolate chip cookies, so you know they must be good.

As much as I love culinary cozy mysteries, I’m not much of a baker in real life.  Too many books to read.  But with a last name of Baker, I had to get this ornament.

Even if I didn’t have that connection, this would have been a hard ornament to not purchase.  I do love my sweets after all, and it’s a cute ornament.  Mickey might not be wearing his signature colors, but he still looks great.  And the cookies, while small, look delicious.  Plus, baked goods at Christmas are a great match.

This is the second ornament in the series, so you’ll find the series marker on Mickey’s foot.

Mickey almost stands on his own.  His feet are at such an angle that he really only stands on his right foot.  And he needs his tail to fully balance.  That always worries me since his tail is thin plastic that could easily break if you aren’t super careful.  And any little bump will make him fall over.

But Christmas ornaments are supposed to be hung, right?  There’s no issue there since Mickey is perfectly straight when you slip a hook through the loop on his head.

The cuteness factor makes me happy that I added Baker Mickey to my collection.  Any Disney fan will also like having it in their collection.

Be sure to check out the rest of the All About Mickey ornaments.

2 comments:

  1. Lol. It's perfect for you and it is a cute ornament anyway. Mickey's looking sharp! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.