Friday, November 10, 2023

November 10th's Friday Post

It's Friday again, so it's time to check in with a Friday Post.  As usual, I will be linking up to:

Book Beginning
First Line Friday
Friday 56 (Thanks to Anne at My Head is Full of Books for picking up the torch)
Book Blogger Hop

My teasers for the first three will come from Case of the Bleus by Korina Moss.


This is the fourth book in her Cheese Shop Mysteries.  The books always start off with some conversation about cheese, and this book is no exception.

"Church Bleu.  It's bound to be the highlight of this weekend's invitational - Max Dumas's one-of-a-kind bleu cheese."

Of course, in this case, the cheese that Willa, the main character, is discussing turns out to be a large part of the plot.

Meanwhile, on page 56 we get this great quote:

"I don't know why it wouldn't have been in her purse.  She'd just shown it to us a couple of hours ago."

When I saw that quote, I had to use it since it's such a great teaser.  I'll leave you to discover exactly what the context is.

I've just finished the book and plan to review it on Wednesday.  I hope you'll come back to see what I thought.

Now, let's just over to the Book Blogger Hop.  This week's question is:

Do you consider yourself a bookworm or a reader?

I consider myself more of a reader, but every so often, I will refer to myself as a bookworm.  I will proudly accept either.

Have a great weekend.

10 comments:

  1. I'm really intrigued by these quotes. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny opening line about church bleu being a highlight. Thanks for participating and keeping Friday56 going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that opening line! This book has me thinking of the boy in my daughter's 4th grade class back when they were in virtual studies because schools weren't in person at the time. They boy always brought cheese into the conversation no matter what the discussion was. He was in her 5th grade class too when they were back in person and I'd often ask my daughter if he still brought up cheese every chance he got. She said he did. That's neither here nor there, but it came to mind when I saw mention of this book.

    I hope you have a great weekend, Mark!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love when the theme is part of the plot, in this case cheese. I'm sad to say, I have not yet even begun to read this series. I really need to change that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Friday! 😀
    I'm currently reading Forged in Love by Mary Connealy. It's a good story so far!
    "How late do you work?" Mariah jerked as if he'd startled her.
    I hope you have a great weekend! 😀❤️📚

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are great snippets. I'm really curious about that 56 quote. Thanks for sharing. Hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Korina Moss is on my list! I can't wait to read her Cheese Shop mysteries!

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't love the first book in this series but I've heard great things about this one and the previous book so I really need to give the series another chance!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what was missing from her purse? some cheese? has me thinking on it..
    and i am definitely a lot of both.. (reader and bookworm!)
    My post is here

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.