Monday, September 28, 2026

Ornament Review: Belle V. Holliday - Snowtop Lodge #22 - 2026 Hallmark Release

Stars: 4 out of 5
Pros: Cute ornament with added bell fun
Cons: Stands out a little because of the difference scene style
The Bottom Line:
A new artist’s style
Means slight changes for series
Fans will still enjoy




New Artist Brings a New Feeling to the Snowtop Lodge

I’ve been collecting the Snowtop Lodge series for quite a few years now, and I continue to enjoy each entry.  Original artist Joanne Eschrich Wright retired recently, so 2026 say a new artist take over the series.  There are some differences with Belle V. Holliday, but I do still like her.

This series always features a snowperson with a wintry theme.  Okay, so most are Christmas related, but we’ve had a few that weren’t.  And each ornament features a related scene on the bottom of the snowman.

Belle is wearing a red Santa hat, and she’s got a string of five bells in her hand.  The Santa hat has a slightly larger bell on it.  And yes, all these bells are real bells, jingling if you move or shake the ornament.  It’s fun to hear the differences in how they sound.

Where I really noticed the difference is the scene at the bottom.  We’ve got Santa (a snowman Santa, or course) flying over a town with his reindeer.  The colors on this scene are more vibrant than usual.  It’s not bad, but I think I prefer the more washed-out colors we’ve had in the past.  I’ll probably adjust in a year or two, but it definitely stands out now.  Also, the disc that is supposed to represent the moon is a little odd.  It sticks out off to the side, and it took me a minute to figure out what it was.  I think it would have been better painted on instead of trying to pop it out.

But overall, I really do like Belle.  The bells are a fun touch.  And the scene at the bottom is fun.

As always, the ornament is mostly porcelain, with some fabric touches.  So keep that in mind – it’s more delicate than the usual Hallmark ornament.

Being a snowwoman, Belle has a nice flat base, so you can set her out to be displayed.  You’ll also find the 22 in a Christmas tree series marker painted on the bottom.

The ornament comes with a ribbon to hang her on your tree.  When you do, you’ll find the ornament leans forward just a bit.  But that’s pretty standard for this series, and it still looks good.

Differences can be good, but they also take a little time to adjust to.  Belle V. Holliday might take a bit for fans of Snowtop Lodge to adjust to, but I’m sure they will still enjoy having her in their collection.

Enjoy the rest of the Snowtop Lodge series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.