Friday, August 23, 2013

August 23rd Book Beginnings and Friday 56

Welcome to this week's Book Beginnings and Friday 56.

I actually finished the book I'm featuring this week just about an hour and a half ago.  Final Sentence is the first in a new cozy mystery series.  The review will be coming up by Monday.

And it starts like this:

"Aunt Vera, stop twirling me," I yelled. 
But she didn't.  She continued to spin me in a circle.

And from page 56, we get:

"You and the masseur don't like each other," I said stating the obvious. 
"He's a jerk."

I enjoyed the book.  As I said, there will be a full review coming at some point in the next few days.

8 comments:

  1. I wonder if "she continued to spin me in a circle" is some type of metaphor. Well, all cozies give me a happy spin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you enjoyed this one Mark. I really want to read more cozy mysteries!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a lot of fun. I keep hoping to read some other genres, but I can't seem to get away from them.

      Delete
  3. I'm imagining being spun around ... like a kid :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly the way she was being spun around.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.