Friday, February 7, 2014

Candy Review: Snickers


Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Chocolate, caramel, peanuts - what else do you need to know?
Cons: Only if you are allergic to peanuts.
The Bottom Line:
Delicious tasting
Peanuts, caramel mix well
Chocolate covered



The Classic Taste of Snickers Still Satisfies

I've never specially thought about why I like Snickers, I just know I do.  But recently I've realized just how much this candy bar has in common with one of my favorites.  Not that it needed the extra boost because this is a great candy bar.

The Snickers bar has essentially four layers, nougat, caramel, and peanut wrapped in milk chocolate.  Really, those four are winners sure to make your taste buds happy.  Overall, the chocolate and peanut are the main flavors, but the caramel gives it an added kick that you don't find from Reese's.

However, that's not the comparison I had in mind.  These candy bars are very close to a favorite of mine - Milky Way.  In fact, the only difference is the inclusion of the peanuts.  While I do love the Milky Way, at times I really want the peanuts, too, so it's nice to have the option of having both.  But really, how can you go wrong with anything that includes chocolate and caramel.  I just love those two together.

The ingredients look about like you'd expect, chocolate, peanuts, milk, sugars, oils…. Pretty much things that are bad for you.  No wonder it tastes so good.  Obviously, if you have a peanut allergy, you'll want to steer clear of this one since peanuts are one of the main ingredients.

This is a candy bar, don't think about the nutritional information.  Just assume they aren't good for you.  How not good for you?  Two of the small fun size bars contain 160 calories, 70 of them from fat.  And there's no vitamins or minerals to speak of to justify the calories.

Which is why Snickers should be the occasional treat instead of a constant part of your diet.  But every once in a while, it tastes so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.