Thursday, January 1, 2015

Reading Challenge: Play It Again, Sam and Re-Read Challenge

This last year, I starting re-reading a favorite author's books, so when I spotted a couple of different re-reading challenges, I knew I had to sign up.

The first one is Play It Again, Sam.  Then I found the Re-Read Challenge.  Both of which are all about re-reading books you enjoyed the first time around.

Now I will let you in on a secret.  I'm actually trying to re-read some old favorites and get them reviewed.  These are books I read the first time before I started reviewing.  (And the reviews on my blog date back to 2005 even though my blog isn't that old, so that isn't quite as easy as it may look.)

I'm going to start by just signing up for 8 books.  I'll probably hit more than that, but I don't want to over commit.  these are suppose to be fun, right?

As for the books I plan to re-read this year, I have two books left in Sandy Dengler's Jack Prester mystery series.  Plus I hope to start re-reading more of her books.  And I will be continuing on with my Trixie Belden reviews and hopefully some more Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew.  I'd like to get another Mrs. Pollifax book in as well.

Yikes!  That's a lot of re-reading.

Of course, I will list the titles and link up to my reviews here as I complete them.

1. Great Smokies by Sandy Dengler
2. The Mystery of the Velvet Gown by Kathryn Kenny
3. Grand Canyon by Sandy Dengler
4. 1984 by George Orwell
5. The Mystery of the Midnight Marauder by Kathryn Kenny
6. Mrs. Pollifax Pursued by Dorothy Gilman
7. It's a Magical World by Bill Watterson
8. The Mystery at Maypenny's by Kathryn Kenny
9. The Mystery of the Whispering Witch by Kathryn Kenny
10. The Hidden Staircase by Carolyn Keene

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.