Friday, February 26, 2016

February 26th's Book Beginnings and Friday 56

We have reached the final Friday of February.  Can you believe it?  But that means there is time for one more Book Beginnings and Friday 56.

This week's book is Ripe for Murder, the second Cypress Cove Mystery by Carlene O'Neal.




Don't you just love that cover?  It's gorgeous!

The book comes out on Tuesday, and I hope you will stop back by then for a review and giveaway.  I actually just finished this book today, and here's a spoiler on my review - I loved it!!

But let's get to the beginning:

I'd taken my suitcase out of the closet three days ago, and the only other thing I'd managed to do was trip over it.

I've got to admit that I struggled a bit with page 56 since it doesn't contain much in the way of good out of context teasers.  However, it does contain this:

Seth poured her a glass and leaned against the back counter to watch her.  He crossed his arms, cupping his fists behind his biceps, which made the muscles strain against the tight fitting shirt.
"I wonder if he practices that pose at home in front of the mirror."  Antonia didn't miss much.
"I'm sure of it."

I do hope you'll come back for my review on Tuesday.  In the mean time, have a wonderful weekend.

9 comments:

  1. This book sounds great, thanks for sharing. I look forward to seeing your review for it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first one I smiles and the second...The writing is so descriptive I could visualize him standing there...holding himself in check.
    sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good story. I am spotlighting Just This Night by Mari Madison this week. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one is in my TBR. The cover is lovely. I really enjoyed the first in the series. Thanks for stopping by my blog today, Mark. I'd love if your reader would as well... http://tinyurl.com/LisaKsBookReviewsACFTW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the cover and I have to say that I'm definitely guilty of the beginning myself...lol...
    Here's my Friday meme

    ReplyDelete
  6. The beginning made me giggle. Sounds like a fun read.
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like it could be good. I'll come back for your review!

    Thanks for always participating in BBOF!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A cozy mystery! I always seem to enjoy them ... and this looks great!
    Here's mine: http://guiltlessreading.blogspot.ca/2016/02/friday56-bookbeginnings-zero-k.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.