Friday, February 5, 2016

February 5th's Book Beginnings and Friday 56

We've made it to another Friday!  So here is this week's Book Beginnings and Friday 56.

I must confess I had a hard time finding a book to use this week.  Two of the books I considered had good openings but very boring 56's.  And the book I'm currently reading?  There are major spoilers on page 56, and I couldn't find a way around them.  But I found a way around that, so I am going with my current read, which is Dark Chocolate Demise by Jenn McKinlay.



And yes, the book does open with a party after a zombie walk, hence the cupcakes on the cover.

And here's how the book begins:

"He looks really good in there," Angie DeLaura said.  "Peaceful even."
"You can't say that about every," Melanie Cooper agreed.
"It's all about the casket," Tate Harper said.  "You want to choose a lining that compliments your skin tone in the postmortem."

And now, in order to avoid the spoilers, I'm jumping ahead to page 54, not 56.  (You won't turn me in to the non-existent Friday 56 police, right?)

The world tilted sideways and Mel felt woozy.  She blinked and tried to suck in enough air to stay conscious.  She couldn't faint.  Angie needed her.  Tate needed her.

And that's it for this week.  Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to try to get a chapter in before I go to sleep.

9 comments:

  1. I love that cover, how cool. Nice 56 as well, sounds interesting. Thanks for sharing. Here's my 56: http://www.sharonsbooknook.com/2016/02/05/the-friday-56-death-wish/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that cover!! I have yet to read this author but I really need too!

    Stormi
    Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious cover and I do love a good cozy. Happy reading and have a great weekend.
    sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds and looks good! I have a mystery this week too. I am spotlighting Hostile Witness by Leigh Adams this week. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well...that's quite an opening. :-) I love the cover too. Sounds like a good one.

    Here's my Friday Memes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this series and I'm woefully behind. I can't wait to get to this one! Great 56!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I'd much rather have p54 than a spoiler" so if the 56 police get you, set the spoiler police on them. Here's my Friday Book Frippery

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that cover! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.