Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Pin Review: Lambert the Sheepish Lion - Storybook Classics Collection #4 - 2016 Disney Store Release

Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Two great scenes capture highs and lows of story
Cons: None
The Bottom Line:
A pin for Lambert
With his lows and with his highs
Story in two scenes

Lambert Finally Gets a Pin

After so many years of Disney pins, it’s hard to believe there is a character they haven’t done at least once.  But it appears that the Lambert the Sheepish Lion pin released as part of the Storybook Classics Collection series is the first one to feature anything with the character.

This pin is designed like a storybook, with one picture on the front and other picture inside.  The front is gray with the characters outlined in orange.  The scene we get is close to the one we get in the ornament that was also release as part of this series.  Lambert has just been pushed into the pond.  He’s coming back out of the water, and we can see some lily pads on him.  The ram that pushed him in is standing on the bank.  Above this scene, we get Lambert the Sheepish Lion written in red.

When we open the pin, we get to see a full color picture.  This one depicts Lambert with his mother lamb.  She looks like she is walking toward where he is sitting and we can see a big bush behind them.  Both of them are smiling.  I’m guessing this was an illustration in the book that Disney released based on the short, but I’ve never seen it.  I can easily picture it as a final picture after Lambert has saved the day.  I have seen a cover of the book, and the cover of this pin is definitely the same, which is very cool.

I am still loving these pins that coordinate to the ornaments.  It’s fun to add to both of my Disney collections at the same time.  I’m a bit more forgiving on these moments not being in the shorts themselves now that I have learned there are actual storybooks they can pull material from as well.  And the two scenes here are truly great, capture the good and the bad that Lambert faces as his story progresses.

Plus this is a character I know I didn’t have in my pin collection.  How incredibly cool is it to have a pin with a new character after all this time.  I love that!

Once again, there are two posts in the back since this is a heavier pin.  Hopefully, that will help anchor it if you decide to wear it.

For the fans of the rarer Disney characters, this is a pin worth tracking down.  After all, we have to help honor Lambert the Sheepish Lion.

Don't miss a moment of the Storybook Classics Collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.