Friday, December 23, 2016

December 23rd's Book Beginnings and Friday 56

It's about that time of the week - time for Book Beginnings and Friday 56.

This week, I'm using lines from Iced Under by Barbara Ross.

                                                     


This is the fifth in her Maine Clambake Mysteries.  The book officially comes out on Tuesday, but I have an ARC, and it's fabulous!  My review will be up on Tuesday for release day.

Here's the opening:
Everyone who could leave town had left.

And I loved getting to pick out these lines from page 56:

"What have you been up to?" he asked.
"You won't believe it.  Someone sent my mother a diamond necklace in the mail.  Anonymously."

And that wraps it up for this week.  I hope you have a very Merry Christmas this weekend.  If you celebrate another holiday, I hope it is very happy for you.

7 comments:

  1. Getting a diamond necklace through the mail? Ooh! But that might be a little fishy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my, I'm guessing that an anonymous diamond necklace will create all kinds of trouble! Thanks for sharing...and here's mine: “THE GIRL BEFORE”

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay. Now I really want to read this one to find out who sent the necklace and why. I dug into TBR mountain to read Gameboard of the Gods by Richelle Mead this week. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one sounds like a great read. My mystery lovers at the library will like. Quick question, do you know if there are any cozy mystery reading challenges going for 2017?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds good! I read the second one ages ago and really enjoyed it. This is definitely a series I need to revisit soon. I want to know what's up with the diamond necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish someone would anonymously or otherwise send me a diamond necklace in the mail... lol
    Happy holidays to all!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.