Saturday, December 3, 2016

Ornament Review: Winter Fun with Snoopy #7 - Decorating a Tree - 2004 Hallmark Ornament



Stars: 4 out of 5
Pros: Great scene with a Christmassy feel
Cons: Very bad tip forward
The Bottom Line:
Decorating tree
With this mini ornament
Decorating tree



Christmas is Winter Fun, Too

So far, the ornaments in the Winter Fun with Snoopy series of miniature ornaments from Hallmark have all been outdoor sports activities.  In some ways, it’s surprising that they waited until the seventh in the series to do their first Christmas themed ornament.  But we are finally celebrating the holiday with the 2004 addition to the series.

Since this is a miniature ornament, it is simple.  Snoopy is standing in front of a small Christmas tree.  In the way of decorations, there is one strand of red and gold garland.  Snoopy is reaching up to put the gold star on the top, and Woodstock is flying at the top of the tree, ready to assist him.  The tree is outside, since Snoopy is standing on a white base that is meant to be snow complete with Hallmark’s usual glitter on a snowy surface.

And that white base means you can set this ornament out to be displayed anywhere.  It is small, about an inch tall is all, so you will want it some place where it won’t be lost or forgotten.  You’ll find the seven in a Christmas tree series marker on the bottom as well.

The loop for hanging this ornament is actually on the star Snoopy is holding.  I must admit, I did a double take when I saw that, although I’m not completely sure why.  Because that star is at the back of the ornament, it does tip forward quite a bit, enough to be very annoying.  You’ll really have to be creative to disguise the tip, and it looks rather bad if you don’t.

Obviously, I love Christmas trees that have a wide variety of all kinds of ornaments on them.  (While I don’t review them, I have ornaments I’ve bought as souvenirs as well, so my trees are truly eclectic.)  Having said that, I do appreciate the simplicity of the tree here.  It looks nice with just the one strand of garland on it.  Plus, being a miniature ornament, if they added anything else to the tree, it would just look cluttered.  This was the perfect balance to allow us to know what Snoopy is doing and look wonderful.

I’ve actually been enjoying the fact that the Winter Fun with Snoopy series wasn’t just about Christmas, but I was pleased to see it celebrate the holiday for the seventh entry.  This entry is still fun even with that very bad tip forward.

Be sure to have more fun with the rest of the Winter Fun with Snoopy series.

Original Price: $6.95

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.