Friday, February 3, 2017

February 3rd's Book Beginnings and Friday 56

We made it.  It's Friday.  And you know what that means.  Yep, Book Beginnings and Friday 56.

This week's book is War and Peach by Susan Furlong.

                                                              


This is the third in the Georgia Peach series.  It's official release date is Tuesday, but I was fortunate to get an advanced copy so I can review it on release day.  I'll even have a giveaway!

Here's how the book opens:
"I do say, this election business has folks as divided as the states during Mr. Lincoln's war," one of the Crawford sisters was saying.

Don't worry, this isn't just about elections.  There are plenty of other potential motives for the murder.  For example, there's this one from page 56.

"Speaking of past grievances, do you know whatever happened between Daddy and Clem Rogers?" I asked, quickly grabbing my nephew and redirecting him back toward Ida.  "Because whatever it was has Mama all upset."

I've enjoyed all the books in this series, and this one was certainly no exception.  I hope you'll come back on Tuesday for the full review and giveaway.

6 comments:

  1. Nothing like a good cozy. My book this week is Beauty and the Wiener by Casey Griffith. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting cozy with some politics? :-)
    sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to laugh at the title. I do love how funny they are. And I do enjoy my cozies:)

    My Friday 56 from Every Last Word

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved WAR AND PEACH! I'd love for you and your readers to check out my blog... http://tinyurl.com/LisaKsBookReviewsAMOM

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.