Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Ornament Review: A Tasty Treat - Petite Penguins #1 - 2016 Hallmark Ornament



Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Cute start to an official penguin series
Cons: Too cute for cons
The Bottom Line:
Penguin with a treat
Cute start to mini series
Delight for your tree




Tasty Treats Make for Cute Debuts

One of the most popular of Hallmark’s unofficial series is Kris’s Penguins.  Each year, there’s a new scene of three penguins having fun.  In 2016, these penguins got their own official series with a twist – it’s a miniature series and features only one penguin a year.  The series kicks off with A Tasty Treat.

The ornament features a penguin holding a Popsicle.  The Popsicle is red and is as large as he is.  You can well imagine how much joy he’ll have eating it.  The look on the penguin’s face is a bit overwhelmed, but you can tell he’s also looking forward to enjoying his treat.  I am certainly rooting for him to finish it off.

I am not super familiar with the unofficial series of regular sized ornaments, but this ornament was so cute that I had to start the official series.  The ornament is worth it for the personality packed into the petite penguin alone.  Not being super artistic, that just blows my mind.

Looking at the ornament, you might be a little surprised to find that it does stand up.  You have to be a bit careful with it because it will tip forward easily.  That’s because it is resting on the penguin’s small feet and the Popsicle is sticking out away from him.  As a result it will tip over easily, but you can get him to stand up.

Just how small are the penguin’s feet?  So small that there isn’t room for the series marker.  It’s hidden elsewhere on the ornament, in the next place I looked.

However, the balance is wonderful for hanging.  Slip a hook through the loop on the top of the penguin’s head, and you’ll find that it hangs straight.

And I do mean miniature.  This ornament is only an inch tall from the bottom of the penguin’s feet to the top of the Popsicle.  That’s another thing that amazes me – how they pack all that into such a small piece of art.

I’m glad I changed my mind about miniature ornaments since this series is so cute.  Track down A Tasty Treat today and start what promises to be a wonderful official series.

Add lots of little joy to your tree with the rest of the Petite Penguins series.

Original Price: $7.95

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.