Friday, May 26, 2017

Movie Review: A Bundle of Trouble - An Aurora Teagarden Mystery

Stars: 4 out of 5
Pros: Delightful characters; compelling mystery
Cons: It is a Hallmark movie
The Bottom Line:
Murder, kidnapping
Compel mystery forward
Delightful viewing

“Did You Come with an Instruction Book?  Because I am Very Good with Books.”

When it comes to mysteries, A Bundle of Trouble means only one thing – a newborn is going to factor into the plot in some way.  At least that was my guess with the latest Aurora Teagarden mystery, and I was correct.

This movie opens with great news for Aurora’s (Candice Cameron Bure) boyfriend Martin (Yannick Bisson).  His niece Regina has shown up.  The two haven’t spoken since Regina’s mother died.  Not only does she want to reconnect with her uncle, but she wants him to meet her two week old son.

Aurora and Martin have plans for the evening, but Regina agrees to stay at Aurora’s house.  In fact, she wants to stay for a few days.  Only when Aurora and Martin return, Regina is missing, there’s a dead body on the porch, and the baby is hidden in the bathtub.  What wasn’t Regina telling them?

And just like that we are off on another delightful mystery.  Not having read the books, I had no idea where things were going to go, and I had so much fun getting there.  Things did come together for a logical and suspenseful climax.

Along the way, we got to see more of the characters we’ve come to love in the previous movies.  Those who don’t get directly involved in helping solve the mystery have a very fun sub-plot that help provide a bit of comic relief.  I’ve really grown to love them all.

And I enjoy seeing the cast again.  They are doing a great job bringing these characters to life.  Yes, my usual Hallmark cheese warning still applies, but if you know what you are getting into when you sit down to watch the movie, you’ll be fine.

As I mentioned earlier, I haven’t read any of the books in this series.  However, I do know one change they made from this book, and I’m happy about it.  That’s all I’m saying.

So if you are a fan of fun, light mysteries, be sure to check out A Bundle of Trouble or any other movie in this delightful series.  You’ll be caught up in the story before you know it.

Looking for this movie on DVD?  It's part of the Aurora Teagarden Mysteries set.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.