Friday, April 13, 2018

April 13th's Book Beginnings and Friday 56

It's time for this week's Book Beginnings and Friday 56.

This week, I'm featuring a thriller - True Fiction by Lee Goldberg


                                                  

I actually have already finished this book.  It's a very fun, very fast read.  I'll be reviewing it next Thursday.

The first sentence really gives you a great idea of the tone of the book.
The assassin wore only a Speedo and his lean body was slathered with sunscreen that made him smell like a baked coconut.

Meanwhile, we get this exchange from page 56:

"I'm sensing a little hostility," Ian said.
"Gee, you think?"  She shook her head, obviously dismayed by how clueless he was.  "I totally get why someone wants to kill you."

As I said, completely fun.  Come back for my full review on Thursday to find out why you need to read this book.

In the meantime, have a great weekend.

6 comments:

  1. It seems like an interesting story. Thanks for mentioning it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This does sound like fun. I've read one of the books he co-wrote with Janet Evanovich and it sounds like he's an author I need to add to my list. This week I am featuring Burn Bright by Patricia Briggs - a new one by a favorite author. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL It sounds brilliant! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a lot of fun. Have a good weekend! :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am looking forward to reading your review!
    Here's a link to my most recent Friday 56: https://coffeeandcatsblog.wordpress.com/2018/04/13/the-friday-56-64/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one looks funny - definitely not what I would have expected from the cover. It sounds like a fun read!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.