Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Ornament Review: Christmas Window #17 - North Pole Creamery - 2019 Hallmark Ornament

Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Cute ice cream shop
Cons: I’m too busy eating ice cream to find any
The Bottom Line:
Christmas and ice cream
Make a delicious and cute
Ornament combo




Cold Treat for a Cold Winter Day

My condo is being overrun by ornaments.  I need to cut back.  Yet I just can’t seem to do that.  I have stopped a couple of Hallmark’s series, and I was thinking about stopping the Christmas Windows series this year, but the instant I saw the ornament, I knew I had to get it.

This year, we are visiting an ice cream shop.  A little boy is standing out front with ice cream cones in both hands, and his dog is on his back legs trying to get a lick of the cold treat.  Yes, it is winter, as we can tell by the snow on top of the roof and the way the boy is bundled up, but he doesn’t seem to care since he is all smiles.  The outside of the shop evokes a 50’s diner type of place with green and white tiles in a checkerboard pattern on the bottom.  While the decorations might not scream Christmas from the outside, the name of the store helps give it that Christmas feel.  Its name?  North Pole Creamery.  The sign is part way up the window, and it has an ice cream cone on each side.

As usual in this series, we can turn the ornament around and see the backside.  In this case, we get to see the ice creams sitting in their freezer with their names up above the window.  These names really help promote the Christmas theme since we’ve got such ice creams as Reindeer Ripple, Peppermint Swirl, and Vanilla Snowdrift.  On the shelf below the window are various toppings like sprinkles or nuts to put on any sundaes the place might create.  There’s even a sundae off to the side.

I love ice cream, and this ornament makes me drool.  I want to sample all of those ice cream flavors and sit back and enjoy the cold, sweet treat inside the store.  I am usually more of a warm weather ice cream person, but that doesn’t dampen my enjoyment of this ornament in the slightest.

Like the rest of this series, the ornament is sitting on a nice base, making it easy to set out as part of a display.  When I put mine out, this is just what I do, putting them around the bottom of a tree.  You’ll also find the series marker on the bottom of the ornament – in this case a 17 in a Christmas tree symbol.

Or you can hang this ornament on your tree.  You’ll find the loop on the ornament’s roof, and you’ll find that it hangs perfectly straight.

The North Pole Creamery was just too cute to pass up.  I love it!  Now if you’ll excuse me, I think I need to grab a dish of ice cream while I enjoy looking at the ornament.

Be sure to check out the rest of the Christmas Window ornaments.

Original Price: $15.99

1 comment:

  1. Do you have the 2019 Christmas Window ornament for sale?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.