Sunday, January 12, 2020

Disney Pin Review: Ariel - Windows of Magic - 2019 Release

Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Beautiful Ariel with some fun touches
Cons: Secondary prices are high
The Bottom Line:
This Ariel pin
Captures under sea, in glass
With friends suggested

Magic Under the Sea

You can’t have evil without magic to offset it, at least in the Disney world.  So, after spending 2018 releasing the Windows of Evil limited edition pin series, Disney released the Windows of Magic pins in 2019.  For each villain they’d already featured, they released the hero or heroine that battled the villain.  So we got Ariel as one of the Windows of Magic.

The main focus of his pin is Ariel in all her under the sea beauty.  She takes up three quarters of the window with her red hair sweeping over her shoulders to rest in front of her.  She is looking out at us and smiling.  Above her, we get the blue of the sea.

Again, it’s the little touches that make this so much fun.  The window frame looks like seaweed on the sides and bubbles on the bottom with a sea shell like Ursula wore on the very top.  And in the bottom of the window, we get bits of color that represent Sebastian, the king’s trident, and Flounder.  No, the characters aren’t clear, but it is very easy to tell that they are being suggested by the way the color and lines are laid out.

Again, the lines and colors easily suggest the stained-glass window, and it is easy to get the big picture right away.  Some of the smaller details require a closer look, but I enjoy finding those things that make the pin so much fun.

I know some people love the villains, but I don’t know that I would have bought the Windows of Evil series if I hadn’t first learned about the Windows of Magic series.  But I then knew I had to get both.  Ariel’s so lovely that making her pin part of my world was an easy choice.

Here's a picture of the pin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.