Friday, October 2, 2020

Candy Review: Pumpkin Pie Kit Kat

Stars: 2 out of 5
Pros: Attempts to create a fun new flavor
Cons: The flavoring is just too powerful
The Bottom Line:
Attempted fall twist
Over does the pumpkin spice
Results disappoint



Packs too Much of a Pumpkin Spice Punch

I’m always willing to try new twists on old candy favorites, especially when that new twist is a flavor I love.  So when I spotted the Pumpkin Pie Kit Kat in my local Wal-Mart recently, I didn’t hesitate to add it to my cart.

If you are already familiar with Kit Kats, you know the basics of this candy bar.  The insides are a crispy wafer.  While a traditional Kit Kat is surrounded by chocolate, this time the wafers are coated with what I’m assuming is white chocolate.  Really, the outside layer is really just something to hold the pumpkin pie flavoring.  It’s even dyed a light orange color.

In the last couple of years, I’ve really leaned into the pumpkin spice trend during September and October.  I opened this package with high hopes.  Sadly, these candy bars are disappointing.  Most of the time, the pumpkin spice flavor is too powerful.  It’s like it is afraid you will miss it, but instead it overwhelms.  Then, there’s the odd bar that has very little flavor, and instead you just taste the sweetness that is the base.  It’s a shame because I want to like these candy bars, but the results just weren’t any good.

Obviously, some variations just don’t work.  Maybe a different mix of the flavoring would have made these candies better, but as it stands, I can’t recommend the Pumpkin Pie Kit Kat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.