Thursday, October 22, 2020

Candy Review: Witch's Brew Kit Kat

Stars: 4 out of 5
Pros: Marshmallow flavored wafers for the win
Cons: A little on the too sweet side
The Bottom Line:
Halloween Kit Kat
Marshmallow twist on classic
Sweet but very good



These Kit Kats Have Put a Spell On Me

Internet research can be hazardous to your waistline.   That’s the moral of this review.  I was poking around recently and discovered that there was a specialty Kit Kat for Halloween called Witch’s Brew.  I might not have pay them any attention until I discovered that they were marshmallow flavored.  Instantly hooked, I had to check them out.

The base of the Kit Kat is the familiar wafer.  However, instead of being surrounded by chocolate, these wafers are smothered in a marshmallow flavored crème.  That crème has been dyed a light green because witches.  I’ll admit I had to think about this one for a bit, but I’m sure it has to do with the color that cartoon witches are typically painted.

And the taste?  Yum!  They remind me of the premade Rice Crispy Treats you can buy.  That’s a good thing.  It means they can be a little on the too sweet side, but I feel that way about the premade Rice Crispy Treats, too, so they are in good company.

The bag I bought was snack size.  This means that the Kit Kats are a little on the short size compared to a full-sized bar, but there are two wafers side by side.  It’s like they’ve been magically shrunk.

I really didn’t need to know about these.  Now I will need to resist the spell of the Witch’s Brew Kit Kats every year at Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.