Sunday, May 15, 2022

Disney Pin Review: Peter Pan's Flight - Cuckoo for Disney Pins - 2021 Release

Stars: 4 out of 5
Pros: A few nice touches in a pin that evokes Peter Pan’s Flight
Cons: Could have used another couple touches; a bit obvious
The Bottom Line:
Fly with Peter Pan
Obvious choices for pin
But I do still like


Will This Pin Fly into Your Collection?

Peter Pan’s Flight is a favorite attraction for many, which is why it has the longest line by far of all the rides in Fantasy land.  So, it’s no surprise that it pops up regularly in Disney’s various pin series, like the Cuckoo for Disney Pins series.

Once again, the creative people behind this series are imagining what a cuckoo clock inspired by a classic Disney attraction would look like.  I feel like they went for the obvious with this one since the clock looks like Big Ben.  We’ve got clouds and the moon behind it.  One touch I love is that the clock reads 8:15, just like it does in the movie when Peter and the Darling children land on it.  Speaking of which, we can see their silhouettes on the clock’s hand.  There’s only one weight hanging down, and that is a pirate ship.

I’m of two minds about this pin.  As I said, I feel like they went with the obvious clock for the attraction.  And the fact that they only have the one item dangling down is a little disappointing.  On the other hand, it does immediately make me think of the ride.  And the reason the ride is so popular is because of the flying over London scene (which is still incredible).  I also love the touch of the kids being on the clock’s face.

Fans of the ride, like me, will be happy to have this pin in their collection even if it isn’t quite the best pin in the series.

4 comments:

  1. Interesting collectible! I have two or three pins that use to identify whose dinner napkin is whose, but I never thought of collecting them.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of this pin, but like you feel they could have done without the dangling down part. I hope that you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this though I must admit that It's a Small World is my favorite attraction much to horror of my husband as I always make him ride it at least twice. Have you ever tried Wishes Candles? They have a line of Disney themed candles that have pins in them. The scents are nice but they do tend to sputter so I never let them burn unsupervised.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.