Monday, May 2, 2022

Music Review: Enough Already by Brandon Heath


Stars: 4 out of 5
Pros: Eight good new songs from Brandon Heath
Cons: Shorter than I would like
The Bottom Line:
Brandon Heath is back
With a shorter offering
That’s worth a listen




I’m Happily Accepting This New Release from Brandon Heath

It’s been several years since we got any new music from Brandon Heath, so I was happy to see Enough Already pop up for pre-order.  His fans will be happy with this addition to his discography.

The biggest theme of this disc is acceptance.  Acceptance of who you are in Jesus.  No, this isn’t to say that we shouldn’t be striving to improve, but Brandon is talking about not dwelling on our past sins and where we’ve failed before.  Instead, he’s talking about living in God’s forgiveness and grace.  It’s a powerful theme that is always good to be reminded of.  It’s the message of “Enough Already,” which makes sense being the title song.  It also pops up in “Another Song About Love, “This Changes Everything,” and “That’s Enough.”  Since that’s four of the eight new songs on the disc, you can see that’s a very important theme.

Since the songs here have been written over the last couple of years, it’s no surprise that we also get songs like “Minute by Minute” and “See Me Though It” that talk about God helping us through trials.

Then there’s “He Is Not Worried.”  It’s a wonderful tribute to his father.  However, it is very bittersweet.  It’s a hard song to listen to, at least for me.  I’m sure for others it will be a wonderful comfort.

If you are already familiar with Brandon’s style, you’ll love this disc as well.  He’s another of the soft rock singer/song writers I love so much.  There is a slight Gospel vibe on “See Me Through It” that is fun, and he does slow things down at times, like for the ballad “He Is Not Worried.”

My biggest complaint is the length.  The disc is only thirty minutes.  I guess I’ve gotten spoiled by most of the new releases I’ve been getting recently that has more tracks and run longer.  This is especially true when you realize that the ninth track on the disc is an acoustic version of the first track, “Human Nature.”  It’s a great song about God’s love and how it changes us.  But, since it is on here twice, we really only have eight new songs.

That issue aside, it is great to have new music from Brandon again.  If you are a fan or looking for a new artist to try, I definitely recommend Enough Already.

 

CD Length: 30:48
Tracks:
1. Human Nature
2. Minute by Minute
3. This Changes Everything
4. That’s Enough
5. See Me Through It
6. Another Song About Love
7. He is Not Worried
8. Enough Already
9. Human Nature (Acoustic)

1 comment:

  1. This is exciting news to hear there is new music from Brandon Heath. I've been a fan for a long time, so I'll look up this new album now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.