Saturday, May 7, 2022

May 7th's Weekly TV Thoughts

Before we get into this week's shows, I do want to take a moment to talk about the news that came out late last week that both Batwoman and Legends of Tomorrow have been cancelled.  I had a love/hate relationship with Batwoman.  I did think season 3 was the strongest season to date, so I'm sad to see it gone from that point.  However, I won't miss it overall.  Legends, on the other hand, if really sad news.  I LOVED this last season, constantly referring to it as my favorite sitcom currently on TV.  And, there were weeks I really needed the silliness.  I'm especially sad they aren't giving the show a chance to wrap up since they left us with that cliffhanger.  Hopefully, they will reverse directions and give the show a few episodes to wrap things up.

Okay, let's get to what I actually did watch this week, shall we?

The Weakest Link – I saw Eric’s exit at the end coming.  He was too strong, and it was the obvious choice.  I was surprised the actress got the prize money at the end.  Not that she answered a ton of questions correctly, but she had struggled so much earlier in the game.  And they got quite a lot of money in this episode, too.  I’m impressed.

Holey Moley – Did I miss something, or was there no pay off to the opening and the scenes with the Muppets.  Don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed them, but when they all ended with “To be continued…” I expected something more.  I’m wondering if anyone will survive the circus hole without getting wet.  And I’m wondering why they both went backwards on the moon.  I’ll be looking to see if someone goes forward on it.

Superman & Lois – Wow.  What a great episode.  I’ve always loved that sometimes Lois is right and sometimes Clark is right (and sometimes in the same scene), but now they are making the kids right at times, too.  The last couple of scenes where everyone was telling him to go tell Lana and then him actually showing Lana were wonderful, too.  Although it looks like she won’t be happy.  You know, when we finally get new episodes at the end of the month.  It sounds like they have had Covid related shut downs.  I get it, but it is frustrating.  Understandable, however.

Naomi – Some answers, finally, from her parents.  I do hope that much is behind us.  I was not expecting that final act breakup.  Talk about heartbreaking.  Wonderfully written and acted, but still heartbreaking.  I’m glad he at least knows the truth.  Something tells me he will still play a major part in the finale next week.

Moon Knight – That was a crazy finale.  I can’t believe they did it, but they managed to wrap up just about everything I was wondering about.  And some crazy action and special effects to boot.  That final scene during the credits was a twist as well.

The Flash – I’d heard someone was going to die, and I was worried about which cast member we were going to lose.  I’m actually okay with this since we aren’t losing a cast member at all.  We will lose Mark, who I liked for some reason (the name had nothing to do with it, honest).  But it is going to give Caitlin an interesting storyline for the rest of the season at least.

Survivor – I’ve got to say, I really appreciated Hai’s reaction.  Laughing when you are voted out because you appreciate the blindside is wonderful.  It was sounding very easy at one point, but then when they started editing the second guessing, I thought they might not vote him out.  I do think it was a mistake not to take out Jonathan when they could, but we will see if that comes back to bite them or not.

Domino Masters – Once again, the judges made the right call.  (I’m sure they are relieved that I agree with them.)  While I liked all four teams, the one team that had their line completely stop and didn’t quite have the element the judges wanted should be the one going home.  Not that they had a bad build.  All of them were very impressive.  I could see any of the teams winning next week, but my money is on the Dominerds.

How We Roll – That was actually a pretty funny episode.  I laughed multiple times, although more about the home salon antics than the bowling storyline.  Why is it I find the salon story more compelling?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.