Wednesday, May 18, 2022

May 18th's Can't Wait Wednesday

Welcome to the middle of the week and another edition of Can't Wait Wednesday.  How can it be the middle of the week?  I have way too much work still to do!

Anyway, before I spiral into panic mode, let's take a deep breath and look at an upcoming book I can't wait to read - The Navigator's Daughter by Nancy Cole Silverman.


I've got to say, Level Best Books comes up with some great covers, don't they?  Here's the official plot teaser:


Getting caught in the middle of an international art theft ring wasn't supposed to be part of the deal Kat Lawson made with her dying father. But when her father receives a mysterious letter informing the former WW2 navigator/bombardier that his downed B-24 has been found and asking him to come to Hungary, Kat suspects this is all part of some senior rip-off scam. Her father insists she go, not only to photograph the final resting place of his plane but also to find the mother and son who risked their lives to rescue him and hid him in a cave beneath an old Roman fortress. Kat's trip uncovers not only the secrets of the cave where her father hid and of those who rescued him, but a secret that will forever change the direction of her life—that is—if she can get home safely.

This is the first in a new series, but I've read Nancy Cole Silverman's earlier books and enjoyed them, so I'm sure I'll enjoy this one as well.

The book comes out June 7th, but I've got an ARC already.  I'm planning to review it June 9th.

7 comments:

  1. This sounds like an exciting start to a brand new series. I love the sound of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds really good and I love that it's the first in the series. I'm going to add it to my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds so good! Hope you enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That blub pulls me right in. And that cover is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice cover, hope you enjoy it when you get a chance to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm...I never heard of this book before...sounds interesting! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.