Friday, May 20, 2022

May 20th's Friday Post

We've made it to Friday!  And I'm going to start the celebration with a round of Friday Posts.  I will be linking up to:

Book Beginnings
First Line Friday
Friday 56
Book Blogger Hop

My teasers for the first three will be coming from Buried in a Good Book by Tamara Berry.


The book doesn't officially come out until Tuesday, but my preorder shipped early.  Very early.  So I've read it and I'm planning to review it on Monday.  It was a lot of fun, as I hope these snippets will show.

Let's kick things off with the opening sentence for Book Beginnings and First Line Friday:

"There are at least three dead bodies in there."

That really gets your attention, doesn't it?  Meanwhile, moving ahead to page 56 for Friday 56, we find this:

The first thing Tess noticed when they pulled onto Main Street was a Peabody brother standing in front of the grocery store.
He wasn't guarding it, exactly, but there was a disturbed air about him that made Tess take a sharp right and park in front of a row of rental cabins a block away.

If you'd like to learn more, I do hope you'll come back for my review on Monday.

Time to move on to Book Blogger Hop.  This week's question is:

Do you drink tea or coffee while reading?

Nope.  Outside of a glass of juice with breakfast, I pretty much drink water the rest of the day, so that is what I am drinking while reading, too.

I've got a review of the book I featured in last week's Friday post, The Lessons We Learn, going live today, so I hope you'll check that out as well.

Have a great weekend.

16 comments:

  1. Wow! That is some opening line! I should be drinking more water. I tend to go in spurts with my water drinking... Have a great weekend and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the cover and title. The opening line is also intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a great opener. I definitely want to check this book out. Hope you have a wonderful weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Friday!
    I'm currently reading A Perilous Plan by Melanie Dickerson. I'm really enjoying it!
    "Penelope felt sick. David and Camille? How Camille must be laughing at her for being gullible and senseless."
    I hope you have an excellent weekend filled with fun reading time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds really good. It's already on my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great book! I do drink my two cups of coffee in the morning and then I am a water drinker the rest of the day. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My first line comes from To Tame A Cowboy by Jody Hedlund :
    Front Range, Colorado Territory, May, 1867
    “Savannah Marshall’s heart pulled taut like a rope in a tug-of-war.”

    ReplyDelete
  8. The snippets definitely grabbed my attention. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so glad to hear there are (a few) others out there who are pretty much just water drinkers. I don't drink coffee or tea either!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a good one! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome when you get an surprise in the mail, especially when it's an early-arriving pre-order.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just finished the ARC for this a couple of days ago. It was fun, and the mystery really stumped me. I hope you enjoy it, Mark.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I will definitely be back for the review. And I have a feeling the bodies in the first line are not what they seem.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm a tea drinker for sure. I posted the first line from Shadowed Loyalty by Roseanna M. White. https://daniellegrandinetti.com/2022/05/20/shadowed-loyalty/

    Hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Interesting beverage choice, I usually do water with my breakfast.
    Idea-ist@GetLostInLit

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.