Friday, May 27, 2022

May 27th's Friday Post

We made it!  Welcome to Friday!  And it's a holiday weekend here in the states, too.  But first, I have to get through a very busy work day today.  Hopefully, it goes smoothly.  But let's start the day with a Friday post, here I will be linking up to:

Book Beginnings
First Line Friday
Friday 56
Book Blogger Hop

This week, my teasers for the first three will be coming from Clouds in My Coffee by Julie Mulhern.


This is the third in the Country Club Mysteries.  These are always fun books.

Here's how this particular book in the series starts off for Book Beginnings and First Line Friday:

Max, his short grey tail wagging impossibly fast, met me at the door with a did-you-ask-the-butcher-for-a-bone expression.  Of course, I had.

Moving ahead to 56% into the book for Friday 56, we find this exchange.  Ellison, the main character, is having a conversation with her sister:

This time, my question remained locked behind clenched teeth.
"You look like Mom."  My sisters voice was stronger now.
I put my hands on my face and smoothed away whatever expression I wore that reminded Marjorie of Mother.

Get a sense of the fun?  I'll be reviewing it on Tuesday, so come back after the weekend for my full review.

Meanwhile, let's take a look at this week's Book Blogger Hop question:

Do you use the Kindle app on your phone or iPad for reading e-books?

I actually don't have a Kindle or any other dedicated ebook reader.  So, when I read ebooks, like the book I featured this week or the eARC I'm reading now, I use the Kindle app on my phone.  Got to admit, it is nice since my book is always with me and in my pocket, making it easy to read wherever I am.

Have a great weekend!

11 comments:

  1. I started today thinking the Kindle App really wasn't for me, since I'm not a big fan of reading on my phone, but then smart people like yourselves have convinced me it's actually lovely to always have a book on you this way xD Clouds in My Coffee sounds lovely and that beginning really reminded me of my housemate's dog who is equally cheerful when you come home! I hope you have a lovely weekend and enjoy your books :)
    Juli @ A Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm up to this one in the series. I haven't had a chance to continue but I will and soon. This post makes me want to move it up my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun book! I like the idea of a "country club" mystery. I wonder how many readers are old enough to recognize the "clouds in my coffee" reference? Or is You're So Vain such a cultural icon that everyone knows it?

    I'm like you -- I use my Kindle app but don't have a Kindle. Although I only keep an emergency book on it. I spend too much time on my computer at work to read books on a screen as a regular thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you're enjoying it! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete

  5. The book I chose this week will release on June 7.
    In Honor’s Defense by Karen Witemeyer
    St. Louis, Missouri. 1895
    Invisible people rarely received correspondence. A fact that Damaris Baxter had accepted long ago.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Friday!
    I'm currently in the middle of One Fine Day by Rachel Hauck and Carrie Padgett. I'm loving it!
    "Chloe woke at two a.m. thinking about Sam, and somewhere between brushing her teeth and pinning her beloved beaded clip into her hair, guilt crept up her chest and filled her throat."
    I hope you have an excellent weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This does look fun. And now I have the You're So Vain song in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like a fun read! Hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've only ever read one book on my phone and I agree that it was nice to be about to pull it out whenever I wanted and get a few pages read. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read this one yet but I love this series! I've found the glare from my phone or ipad is hard on my eyes so I use my paperwhite exclusively for ereading but it would be so convenient to just use an app sometimes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.