Monday, May 9, 2022

Ornament Review: Book Lover Belle - 2021 Hallmark Release

Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Fun pose with a great message
Cons: None worth dwelling on
The Bottom Line:
As Belle strikes a pose
She reminds us not to judge
Book lovers will love



This Book Lover Had to Get Book Lover Belle

I’ve long said that Belle is my favorite Disney princess, and I have the ornaments to back that up.  Seriously, I have significantly more of her than any other princess.  So I wasn’t going to buy 2021’s Book Lover Belle.  However, when I found it on sale after Christmas, I just couldn’t pass it up.

This ornament features Belle in her yellow dress.  She has a book in one hand, and both hands are on her waist.  Across the front of her dress is written “Never judge a book by its cover.”  With the tilt of her head and the expression on her face, it almost looks like she is in the process of reminding someone that they shouldn’t be judging.

It’s that look that makes me really love it.  I can almost hear her saying, “Really?  You should know better than to judge on appearance.”  And that’s a great saying for Belle in general since it is the entire theme of the movie summed up in a book cliché.

Belle has one foot sticking down below her dress enough to be seen.  It helps convey the attitude I was talking about earlier.  It also helps her balance.  The ornament isn’t completely stable, but it is stable enough that I wouldn’t worry about setting it out most places.

The ornament is slightly crooked when you set it down.  It’s not super noticeable.  In fact, I hadn’t really noticed it until I put the hook in the loop on Belle’s head and watched the ornament straighten up.  It definitely hangs straight, which is the most important thing for an ornament, right?

Yes, I’m glad I wound up with Book Lover Belle.  With a great message and a fun pose, what book lover could resist?

2 comments:

  1. This is a cute ornament. I haven't collected ornaments in a long time. I really need to get back to it. Thanks for visiting my blog today.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.