Saturday, April 18, 2015

April 17th's Weekly TV Thoughts

Got a new show mixed in with the rest of the usual suspects.  And as we approach May sweeps and finale season, there's going to be lots of TV to watch over the next few weeks.

Once Upon a Time – Wow!  I never would have guessed the twist at all.  Obviously, this is how they are going to get Robin and Regina back together, but I can’t wait to see how it all plays out.  It’s a wild ride yet again, and I’m loving every second of it.  You can read my fullrecap here.

Dancing with the Stars – I’m so glad they brought Disney night back.  It was such fun.  I pretty much agree with the judges when they were harsh, but those last few dances?  Jaw dropping awesome!

The Flash – They gave us a couple of lines I’d been thinking myself (like how Central City was supposed to be the fun one).  I’m not a fan of bees at all, so that part definitely creeped me out.  And with everyone in against Wells (or almost in), things are going to heat up even more.  I’m just wondering how Cisco can be remembering something that got erased when Barry time traveled.

Agents of SHIELD – I was having TV trouble (again), so I missed a couple of key moments of the episodes.  I’m not completely sure I needed to know about how Melinda got her nickname, but it was still interesting to watch, especially with how they tied it in to everything else.

Arrow – No!  Not Roy!  I really love the character and how they have been building him this season.  I’m so bummed to see him exit. Such amazing acting from everyone as well.  But please, can we get Lance’s head on straight again?  I’m so sick of this vendetta.

Survivor – I was rooting for Joe, hoping he could pull it off somehow, but not surprised to see him go like this.  When all it takes is one slip up, sooner or later, you are gone.

Young and Hungry – One of the writers on this show is on my beach ultimate Frisbee team, so I told him I’d give it a shot.  I’ll admit, I had to watch all three episodes that were on Wednesday night to begin to enjoy it, but I was definitely laughing by the end.

Big Bang Theory – I’m surprised they ended Penny’s storyline already, but I’m glad she’s sticking with sales.  It might have been fun to see her be a successful actress, but I’d hate for her to give up a good job for something that didn’t pan out.

The Odd Couple – Very predictable story, but the laughs along the way were fairly strong.  That’s what counts, right?

Girl Meets World – On the other hand, I didn’t feel the laughs this time around.  I did like the final couple of scenes, but on the whole this wasn’t one of their funnier episodes.  And what’s up with having this episode now when we are supposedly between seasons 1 and 2?  Disney Channel promo, I suspect, but still.

Amazing Race – With two episodes back to back, I wasn’t that surprised the first episode was a non-elimination leg.  Sorry that the Olympias couldn’t turn it around since I really did like them.  Well, expect for the flat tire melt down.  I was annoyed, he was annoyed, she was annoyed.  I think that tells you just how annoying it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.