Friday, September 4, 2015

September 4th's Book Beginnings and Friday 56

Welcome to the first Book Beginnings and Friday 56 for September.  And it's Labor Day weekend to boot, so it's a three day weekend.  So looking forward to the extra time off.

This week, I'm reading Stone Cold Case by Catherine Dilts.




This is the second in a series, and I'm reading an ARC for review on September 15th.

Here's how the book begins.

Nothing buffered the wind above the tree line.  Morgan Iverson shivered and zipped up her windbreaker.

Second week in a row we've got characters zipping up their jackets.  I swear this wasn't planned.

And from page 56:

Del took a step toward Cooper, but the other man didn't back up.  "Seems like shopping's what you do best," Del said.  "But when it comes time to pay the bill, you're nowhere around."

There you have it for this week.  And if you are interested, I have giveaways running for Cinderella Six Feet Under and Trick or Deceit (last week's Book Beginning and Friday 56 entry) going on right now.

8 comments:

  1. This sounds like an interesting read. I think I will add this to my TBR. I love a good mystery. Here is my Friday 56
    http://totallyaddictedtoreading.blogspot.com/2015/09/friday-5611.html?zx=5ddbac415fc12a26

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Cool" cover. :-) I love a good mystery, too.

    sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of this series before. As for zipping up jackets, all I can say is...YAY! Fall is on it's way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like an interesting mystery. I hope you are enjoying it. My 56 this week comes from Ash & Bramble by Sarah Prineas. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like stories that take place in the winter. Funny, as I moved south to get away from it. LOL This looks like a fun cozy series. I'll watch for your review. Have a great holiday weekend!

    My 56 - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/09/04/the-friday-56-76-brood-x/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the way the author immediately tells us where the story is taking place. The 56 made me smile too. Sounds like a book I'd enjoy.
    My Friday post features True Believer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd like to now more about the series.
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That beginning makes for a for a desolate setting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.