Friday, September 4, 2015

Ornament Review: Making Sweet Memories Ornament Display Stand - 2014 Hallmark Release


Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Cute stand for 10 ornaments
Cons: Original price too high
The Bottom Line:
Christmas kitchen tree
Makes a great alternate place
For decorations




A Second Look at a Stand Well Worth Collecting

I wasn’t that interested when Hallmark released the Making Sweet Memories ornament display stand in 2014.  I mean, it was nice looking, but I wasn’t interested in spending that kind of money on it.  But then I found it in my local store a couple months ago at 75% off, and suddenly I was quite interested in it.  In fact, I’ve now bought two.

This stand features thin green metal that curl out to form the branches you hang ornaments from.  There are three pieces that twist together to form this tree and a total of 10 places to hang ornaments.  There is a star already at the top of the tree – a star cookie cutter that is.

With that cookie cutter on top, the first series that popped into my mind for this displays stand is the Cookie Cutter series.  But as I’ve thought about it more, I’m thinking of displaying ornaments from three of my kitchen themed series on it – in addition to Cookie Cutter Christmas, I’m thinking I’ll add Christmas Cupcakes and Season’s Treatings with ‘Tis the Seasoning displayed around the base of the trees.  Between the two I bought, that’s 20 ornaments I can hang in this display not to mention others around the base.  Honestly, I’m very excited about the potential here.  In fact, I wish I could find more of these stands.  After all, I am way out of space on my two trees, yet I keep buying more and more ornaments, so I need to find other ways to display them.

As excited as I am, I’m not sure this was worth the full original $49.95 price.  There were deals when it first showed up at Ornament Debut last October, but the price of under $20 I paid certainly made it more appealing.

Because of how close the branches are to each other, you’ll definitely want to use the small hooks that Hallmark sells.  Otherwise, the ornaments will hang down too far and hit the branch below.

It is amazing how much lower prices on something can make it more appealing.  That was certainly the case here, and I’m glad it did because I’m thrilled to have the Making Sweet Memories ornament display stand and am looking forward to using it for years to come.

Original Price: $49.95

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.