Friday, November 6, 2015

November 6th's Book Beginnings and Friday 56

It's Friday, and that can only mean one thing - Book Beginnings and Friday 56 time!

This week, I'm featuring Neverseen by Shannon Messenger.  It's book four a middle grade fantasy series and just came out this week.




Yes, I've finished it already, and my review will be up on Sunday.

So let's get down to it.  Here's the Preface:

Sophie stumbled backward, scrambling closer to her friends as a cage of neon yellow flames erupted all around them.

And from chapter 1:

"We have to go," Fitz said, bursting through the doors of Everglen's upstairs guest room.

Jumping ahead to page 56:

She blinked out of sight, reappearing a second later knee-deep in the river.  Sophie wasn't sure what was crazier, how fast Della had moved, or how she hadn't caused ripples in the water.

This series is absolutely wonderful.  I hope you'll come back on Sunday to read my review and then start reading the books for yourself.

5 comments:

  1. Middle school book series can be a lot of fun and this one sounds like it would be a great series to check out. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good story. I'm featuring a book for children aged 10 to 15 today. Is that considered "middle grade?" Here's the link: HOOT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never read anything by this author but have seen her books around. I'll have to give them a closer look. I have Soundless by Richelle Mead this week. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exciting from the get-go! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.