Friday, December 22, 2017

December 22nd's Book Beginnings and Friday 56

Welcome to another Friday, which means it is time for Book Beginnings and Friday 56.

This week's book is Stowed Away by Barbara Ross.

                                                      

Let's jump right in.  I'm just sharing the very first sentence with you.

"Dead weight is the worst."

Now, isn't that a great way to start a mystery?

Here's a longer sentence from page 56:

Page had heard the tale dozens, maybe hundreds, of times, but if Vanessa had nightmares, Mom would be the one who'd have to deal with it.

That's it for this week.  I hope you have a Merry Christmas if you celebrate.

5 comments:

  1. This one is new to me. It does sound like fun. This week I am featuring The House on Tradd Street by Karen White. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds fun! That beginning line was enough to draw me in!
    Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That beginning definitely caught my attention! :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great beginning! I already have this series on my to start reading list. Have a Merry Christmas, Mark.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a short beginning. Could mean more than one thing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.